Ah, the infamous TKTS booth. In cases where you have either lost out on student rush, general rush or lottery (or some cases – all three!) you always have the TKTS booth for last chance tickets!
When Ashley first moved to NYC it was a tiny little thing, hidden near the Marriott theater. It has now become a landmark in Times Square. It’s a place to rest (on the bleachers) and watch the craziness of TS happen around you, or purchase discounted tickets for Broadway and Off-Broadway performances. Be prepared to sometimes wait in a very long line to purchase tickets!
There are three TKTS booths throughout the city:
- Times Square – It only sells tickets the day of a shows performance.
- South Street Seaport – Sells tickets to evening performances the day of and matinee performances the day before
- Brooklyn – Sells tickets to evening performances the day of and matinee performances the day before. Sells tickets for Brooklyn Theater as well!
- Hours for evening performances: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday*, Friday*, Saturday, Sunday 3pm- 8pm, Tuesday*- 2pm-8pm *If there is a matinee perfomance on these days, the booth will open at 10am. No evening tickets will be sold before 3pm.
- Hours for Matinee performances: Wednesday & Saturday- 10am-2pm (No evening tickets are sold at this time!). Sunday- 11am- 3pm
South Street Seaport
- Hours for evening performances & next day matinee performances: Monday- Saturday- 11am -6pm, Sunday 11am-4pm *Matinee tickets are only sold the day before the performance
- Hours for evening performances & next day matinee performances: Tuesday- Saturday- 11am -6pm (closed for lunch from 3-3:30pm) *Matinee tickets are only sold the day before the performance
- Times Square TKTS only sells day-of performance tickets for both matinee and evening performances
- TKTS Times Square sells ONLY matinee tickets for day-of performances from 10am- 2pm Wed & Saturday and 11-3pm Sunday
- If there are matinee performances on Thursdays and Friday, TKTS Times Square will open at 10am and sell ONLY matinee tickets until 2pm.
- TKTS Times Square sells only day-of evening performance tickets from 3-8pm M, W, TH, FRI, Satuday & Sunday and from 2-8pm on Tuesday
- TKTS South Street Seaport & TKTS Downtown Brooklyn only sell matinee performance tickets the day before the performance
- TKTS South Street Seaport & TKTS Downtown Brooklyn only sell evening tickets the day-of the performance
Check the tdf.org for full details!
Oh, and those slightly creepy people that hang around the signs and ask you if you have any questions? Be nice to them – they’re paid to be there and help out and are usually quite useful! This awesome video shows you just that!